Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Relish Gastropub Introduces Our Bar Manager,
Andrew Stearns


Portland native Andrew Stearns is our Bar Manager. He met Chef Valoff when they worked together at Bluehour and most recently worked for Lapellah in Vancouver. We know you’ll be as excited as we are to share in his vision for the bar program at Relish Gastropub. Here’s what to expect in his own words:

“It’s a gastropub, so we’re going to have an exceptional selection of beers on draft and wine as well. Portland is a craft cocktail town and that’s what we’ll be doing here, but one thing I feel has kind of gone by the wayside is that old-school style of bartending, ‘the personable bartender.’ Although I love everything in the Portland cocktail scene right now, I just want to make sure what we are doing at Relish Gastropub is providing a place where people know they’re going to get a great product, but they also might come here for a particular person. I want good bartenders, but what I really want is great people on staff. Basically, I just want to make everyone feel like it’s their home. I know everybody tries to, but it’s something that we are going to be very focused on.”

We are moments away from officially opening the doors. We’ll see you soon in Sellwood-Moreland!

Visit Relish Gastropub
Follow us on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. What I'd like to see is a good selection of whiskey at good prices. And a spirits list that clearly lists those prices.

    ReplyDelete